Newton County Schools (NCSS) will be accepting Substitute Teachers for the 2016/2017 School Year from January 30 until February 17. To be added to the substitute roster, you MUST either:
1. be a certified State of Georgia Educator who already holds a current teaching certificate issued by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, or
2. be eligible for a State of Georgia Educator teaching certificate issued by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, or
3. hold a Substitute Teacher certificate of completion from the Griffin RESA Substitute Training Workshop
Additional Requirements for All Substitute Teacher Candidates
1. All Substitute candidates must:
2. Once all required documentation has been provided, then interested candidates are required to be fingerprinted at no cost to the candidate.
1. a current driver’s license and one of the following:
(a) a birth certificate,
(b) a social security card or
(c) a current passport
Please click on the attachments below for: (a) list of supporting documents required for substitutes and (b) substitute qualifications and payrates.
For more information contact the NCSS Human Resources Department at 770-787-1330, extension 1107, or via email at email@example.com.
Required Documents for Certified Substitute Teachers
Required Documents for Classified Substitute Teachers