Welcome to the NCSS Human Resources Department website.
Our goal is to recruit, employ and retain the most highly qualified employees for the Newton County School System.
We hope that this website becomes a valuable resource to you as you consider the possibility of employment with our school district. Whether you are a current employee, potential candidate, or the public at large, we invite you to explore this website and the links provided below for additional resources and answers to frequently asked questions.
Individuals interested in employment with our district should visit the NCSS Job Center to review available job opportunities and information on the online application process.
The Human Resource Department is responsible for all HR functions and matters concerning current or potential employment with NCSS. These responsibilities include:
• Recruitment and Selection
• New Hire Onboarding
• Fingerprinting and E-Verify Processing
• Employment Records and Personnel Files
• Employment and Experience Verification
• Substitute and SubFinder Registration
• Student Teaching
• Certification Tracking and Renewal
• CPI and HiQ State Reporting
• Family and Medical Leave Administration
• Unemployment Compensation
• Employee Relations/Grievances
• Exit Interviews
Thank you for your interest in our school system!
Notice: The Newton County Board of Education does not discriminate in the educational and employment policies under which it operates and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, handicap, sexual orientation, or gender identity in its programs and activities.
NCSS participates in E-Verify.