NCSS Media Specialists strive to create an engaged learning community through accessibility, collaboration, and innovation.
· Our Media Services Policy and Procedure Manual guides our program.
· We participate in Georgia’s Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl annually.
· Our lessons and resources support the curriculum.
· We meet regularly throughout the school year to train and plan.
· We belong to numerous professional organizations, including GLA/GLMA, ALA, IRA, NEA, CoSN, ISTE, GAE, and PAGE.
· We attend and present at conferences around the state.
· We blog and tweet about our program.
o League of Librarians (blog)
o #NCSSLMS (Twitter hashtag)
· Destiny – our online catalog
· AR Bookfinder – get AR information about any book AR supports
· AR HomeConnect – monitor a student’s AR progress anywhere, anytime
· PINES – Search Newton County Library System
· Lexile Find-a-Book – choose a book to read based on Lexile or grade level
· GALILEO – Georgia’s online database (Ask a Media Specialist for the off-campus password)
Library Media Specialist Resources
· AASL Standards
· AASL and State Standards Crosswalk
· MKES Rubric